Sweet potato purée- Stage 1 baby food.
Sweet potatoes are an awesome source of antioxidants, calcium, potassium, and vitamins A, C, and E. My baby’s favorite veggie!
1. Wash, peel, and chop the sweet potatoes.
2. Fill a pot halfway with water and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce to medium heat and drop the sweet potatoes in.
4. Boil until the sweet potatoes are tender. This can take anywhere from 15-30 minutes depending on how big the pot and how many sweet potatoes.
5. Take the sweet potatoes out and immerse in ice water (this will stop the cooking process).
6. Place sweet potatoes in your blender or food processor. Add a small amount of the water from the pot which is full of the nutrients from the sweet potatoes. Blend till you have a smooth purée. Add more water if necessary depending on desired consistency.
I hope your baby enjoys sweet potatoes! Manny LOVED them from the first time he had them! A big to you for feeding your baby natural foods!