Plums are one of the great “p” fruits that help with constipation. They are also packed with fiber, vitamins A and C, and calcium. Foods with these vitamins and antioxidants help protect the body from diseases like cancer. You can steam plums by following my instructions for peaches, or you can do the following instead:
1. Wash plums.
2. Drop plums in a pot of boiling water.
3. Cook for 5-8 minutes until soft. The more ripe the plum, the shorter the time.
4. Remove plums and drop in a bowl of ice water. This will stop the cooking process and will make the skin easier to slip off.
5. Remove skin, cut, and remove the pit of the plums.
6. Purée in blender or food processor using very little of the remaining cooking water.
Plums mix very well with yogurt, pears or bananas (especially when very tart).
I hope your baby enjoys plums!