Pear purée- Stage 1 baby food.
Pears are packed with antioxidants, fiber, iron, and vitamin C. They are one of the least allergenic fruits and are also great for babies with constipation! My baby became a bit constipated when he started eating solids. I gave him pears, and he became as regular as he was before!
1. Peel, wash, core, and slice pears into pieces like in the picture above.
2. Put water in a pot to where the water would not come above the steamer when placed in the pot.
3. Bring water to a boil, and drop the steamer in.
4. Place the pears in the steamer, and put the lid on the pot.
5. Steam at medium-high heat till tender (about 15minutes).
6. Remove pears and immerse in a bowl of ice water (this will stop the cooking process).
7. Place pears in your blender or food processor. Add just a little splash of the water from the pot which is full of the nutrients from the pears.
Use as much water as you’d like to get the desired consistency. I recommend starting with very little and working your way up if need be. Blend till you have a smooth purée.
I hope your baby enjoys pears! A big for making your baby natural food!