Peach purée- Stage 1 baby food.
Peaches are packed with fiber and vitamins A, C, E, K, and B complex. They are also a sweet help for babies with constipation.
1. Wash peaches.
2. Drop peaches in boiling water for 1 minute and remove. This makes it much easier to peel the peaches.
3. Peel peaches and cut into pieces like in the picture above.
4. Put water in a pot to where the water would not come above the steamer when placed in the pot.
5. Bring water to a boil, and drop the steamer in.
6. Place the peaches in the steamer, and put the lid on the pot.
7. Steam peaches at medium heat till tender (5-6 minutes).
8. Remove peaches and immerse in a bowl of ice water (this will stop the cooking process). 9. Place peaches in your blender or food processor. Add some of the water from the pot which is full of nutrients. Use as much or as little as you’d like depending on the consistency desired. Blend till you have a smooth purée.
My favorite freezer tray for freezing baby food, and easily popping out the cubes to store them is the Kiddo Feedo. It’s a silicone tray free of toxins and naturally bacteria resistant. It also has a lid! Click here to order yours on Amazon!
I hope your baby enjoys peaches. I know mine did- and I loved them also! A big to you for feeding your baby natural foods!