Peas purée- Stage 1 baby food.
Peas are a great source of vitamins, protein, and fiber. They are also a source of folic acid (vitamin B complex) and absorbic acid (vitamin C). I use frozen organic peas.
1. Put water in a pot to where the water would not come above the steamer when placed in the pot.
2. Bring water to a boil, and drop the steamer in.
3. Place the peas in the steamer, and put the lid on the pot.
4. Steam peas at medium heat till very tender (20 minutes).
5. Remove peas and immerse in a bowl of ice water (this will stop the cooking process).
6. Place peas in your blender or food processor. Add some of the water from the pot which is full of the nutrients from the peas. Blend till you have a smooth purée.
With peas, you want to make sure you blend long enough because of the tough skin of the peas. These can be a choking hazard for babies just starting solids. Once blended, you can also pour the purée through a strainer to make sure none are left.
I hope your baby enjoys peas! A big to you for trying to feed your baby natural foods!