Green bean purée- Stage 1 baby food. Green beans are a great source of protein, calcium, iron and vitamins A, C, and K.
I bought fresh organic green beans that were already cut. If you don’t buy them precut, make sure you cut the tips off after washing them.
1. Wash and cut the green beans into pieces like in the picture above.
2. Put water in a pot to where the water would not come above the steamer when placed in the pot.
3. Bring water to a boil, and drop the steamer in.
4. Place the green beans in the steamer, and put the lid on the pot.
5. Steam green beans at medium heat till tender (about 20 minutes).
6. Remove green beans and immerse in a bowl of ice water (this will stop the cooking process).
7. Place green beans in your blender or food processor. Add some of the water from the pot which is full of the nutrients from the green beans. Blend till you have a smooth purée.
With green beans, you want to make sure you blend long enough because of the skin of the green beans. These can be a choking hazard for babies just starting solids. Once blended, you can also pour the purée through a strainer to make sure none are left.
I hope your baby enjoys the green beans! A big to you for trying to feed your baby natural foods!