Carrots are a perfect stage 1 baby food. They are a powerhouse of beta carotene and are a great antioxidant and source of vitamin A and C. That means they can protect against cancers, diseases, harmful free radicals, and promote good eye health! They are also a sweet veggie that babies love.
1. Wash, peel and slice carrots into pieces like in the picture above.
2. Put water in a pot to where the water would not come above the steamer when placed in the pot.
3. Bring water to a boil, and drop the steamer in.
4. Place the carrots in the steamer, and put the lid on the pot.
5. Steam at medium-high heat till tender (20-25 minutes).
6. Remove carrots and immerse in a bowl of ice water (this will stop the cooking process). 7. Place carrots in your blender or food processor.
***do not add any of the cooking water to your blender- this water may contain nitrates that seep into the water from the carrots during the cooking process. Add fresh water to your blender instead.
Blend till you have a smooth purée.
I hope your baby enjoys carrots! A big for making your baby natural foods!