Blueberry purée. One of nature’s superfoods, blueberries are great for baby! They are loaded with antioxidants and have vitamin C, A, and fiber. Blueberries are on the dirty dozen list containing pesticides, so it’s best to choose organic.
1. Wash blueberries. If your blueberries are fresh and ripe, skip to step #7.
2. If you’re using frozen or underripe blueberries, put water in a pot to where the water would not come above the steamer when placed in the pot.
3. Bring water to a boil, and drop the steamer in.
4. Place the blueberries in the steamer, and put the lid on the pot.
5. Steam at medium heat for 5 minutes.
6. Remove blueberries and immerse in a bowl of ice water (this will stop the cooking process).
7. Place blueberries in your blender or food processor. There shouldn’t be a need to add water, but if you need to, I recommend starting with very little. Blend till you have a smooth purée.
I hope your baby enjoys blueberries!
A big to you for making your baby an awesome superfood!