Apple purée- Stage 1 baby food.
Apples are the best superfood! They are packed with vitamin C, antioxidants, and fiber. The components in apples are essential for development and growth, so why not make some for your baby.
1. Peel, wash, core, and slice apples into pieces like in the picture above.
2. Put water in a pot to where the water would not come above the steamer when placed in the pot.
3. Bring water to a boil, and drop the steamer in.
4. Place the apples in the steamer, and put the lid on the pot.
5. Steam at medium-high heat till tender (10-15minutes).
6. Remove apples and immerse in a bowl of ice water (this will stop the cooking process). 7. Place apples in your blender or food processor. Add just a little splash of the water from the pot which is full of the nutrients from the apples. You don’t need too much water because you’ll see the apple slices have absorbed water already. Blend till you have a smooth purée.
I hope your baby enjoys your very own homemade apple sauce! A big for making your baby a natural superfood!