Perfect Brown Rice
I don’t like rice cookers because most of them are made of plastic materials, or they have an aluminum or Teflon coated insert (toxic and toxic; no, thank you!) I can never make perfect brown rice on the stove top in a pot, and I haven’t found a reasonably priced pure clay or stainless steel rice cooker.
My Instant Pot is a 7-in-1 cooking beast, which among many other things, makes perfect brown rice every single time! If you don’t have this powerhouse of a kitchen tool yet, click here to order yours from Amazon! Here’s my perfect brown rice recipe:
2 cups brown rice
2.5 cups water
1 tsp organic olive oil
- Rinse rice, and add to Instant Pot.
- Add water and oil; stir. If you normally add salt to your rice, add now.
- Be sure that no stray rice grains are left at the top of the inner pot.
- Close and lock lid.
- Press Manual, and set to 22 minutes.
- When time is up, let natural release for 10 minutes, and then quick release.
- Open lid, and fork through rice!
- Enjoy perfect brown rice! 🙂