I love love love chili, and I would usually only make it during the winter or summer days, when I had a whole afternoon to let it sit simmering on the stove top for a couple of hours, checking on it and stirring every so often. The flavors needed to “marry” correctly, so it was never a quick or last-minute meal- until I got my Instant Pot IP-DUO50 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker, 6Qt that is. Making chili in my Instant Pot is a totally different story! Browning the beef is just about the only thing I need to worry about “doing.” Everything else just gets thrown in and left to create this deliciousness- so easy, and so tasty! More importantly, all in ONE pot! Hubby loves this hearty chili too, so it has now become a just about weekly meal in our home. If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you have no idea what you’re missing out on! I got it for Christmas, and I’m using it just about every day! It’s a pressure cooker/slow cooker/rice maker/saute and more, and it saves me time in the kitchen, while making yummy meals and preserving nutrients in food more than any other cooking method. Order yours here! Instant Pot IP-DUO50 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker
1.5 lb grass-fed ground beef
1 can organic tomato sauce
1 can organic fire roasted tomatoes
2 lb cooked kidney beans- drained (or 2 cans organic kidney beans)
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
5 tsp chili powder
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 medium red pepper, diced
2 tbsp olive oil
- Press “Sauté” function on Instant Pot.
- Add olive oil, then add onion, garlic, and red pepper to pot, and sauté for about 3 minutes till onions are clear.
- Add cumin, chili powder, pepper, salt, and stir.
- Add beef and brown for 6-7 minutes.
5. Add beans, tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
6. Close lid, and set Instant Pot to Manual for 10 minutes, with a Natural Release.
7. Serve with shredded cheddar cheese. ENJOY! 🙂
I’d love to know how your chili turns out, so if you do make it, please comment below, and let me know! 🙂